RAK Free Zone
RAK Free Zone – Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone was formed by an Emiri decree on 1 May 2000, the result of an initiative on the part of His Highness Sheikh Faisal Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Finance Department, to set up the emirate’s first free trade zone.
Since its establishment in 2000, Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone been one of the fastest-growing free trade zones in the UAE.
RAK Free Zone is a gateway to emerging markets with over 8,000 registered companies from more than 100 countries. The costs of living and doing business in Ras Al Khaimah are markedly lower than in other emirates, and far below those of traditional business centres such as London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai, allowing for a greater return on investments.
One of the best free zones in the world for SMEs by FDI Magazine, a publication of the Financial Times, RAK Free Zone has four specialized zones that will suit every investor according to their specific requirements. They include a Business Park for office clients, an Industrial Park for heavy manufacturing, a Technology Park for trading and light manufacturing, and an Academic Zone for educational institutions.
In addition to providing commercial, general trading, consultancy and industrial licenses, registering legal entities, and offering competitive and tailored offices, warehouses and land, RAK Free Zone also provides value-added services such as advertising, procurement, event management, recruitment and training assistance for its clients. Our capabilities distinctively position us as the best provider of competitive and customized free-zone business services in the region.
With transparent laws and regulations, zero restrictions on capital and profit repatriation, a strategic location less than one hour’s drive from Dubai, state-of-the-art communication facilities and easy access to Ras Al Khaimah’s airport and sea ports, RAK Free Zone welcomes you to explore our proven, business-friendly services.
Headquartered in Ras Al Khaimah, RAK Free Zone has business centres in Ras Al Khaimah, as well as promotion centres in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. RAK FTZ is also active in three continents, with liaison offices in Turkey, India and Germany, giving it international reach and scope. RAK Free Zone offers aspiring entrepreneurs and business owner’s ideal solutions to enter the Middle East market, and with the UAE’s strategic gateway location between Europe, Asia and Africa, investors have direct and easy access to major emerging markets.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
As one of the leading organisations in Ras Al Khaimah, Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority firmly believes that it has a great responsibility to the community that goes beyond its economic contributions. The free zone is committed to doing everything it can to contribute to the generation of new jobs, the growth of the economy and the preservation of the environment.
Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority SERVICES AND FACILITIES – THE GATEWAY TO THE MIDDLE EAST
With a dedicated, customer-focused team and a commitment to continuously improve products and services, Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority offers many aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners ideal solutions to enter the Middle East market.
Types of Business Licences:
- Commercial Licence
- General Trading Licence
- Consultancy/Services Licence
- Industrial Licence
- Flexi Facilities – Shared and networked workstations (Flexi Desks) or offices (Flexi Offices), with services provided by our first-class business centres…
- Standard Office – Furnished offices with an average size of 10 m2, available for lease, a cost-effective option for taking your business to the UAE and the world.
- Executive Office – Executive Offices are ideal business solutions for companies requiring a permanent presence in the UAE and looking for a fast and cost-effective business set-up package.
- Shell and Core Facilities – Open space with flexibility to modify the office according to client’s requirements.
- Warehouse – We offer a wide range of business packages starting from the Flexi-Desk Business Center up to land for industrial use, which can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
- Service Block – Shops available for Restaurant / Cafeteria, Supermarket, Gents saloon, etc.
- Industrial Land – Plots of land designated for industrial, logistic and service industry purposes.
- Staff and Labour Accommodation – Furnished rooms with air condition for staff and labour. Rent inclusive of utilities.
Note: Special activities are subject to the approval of Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority’s Management
Any company or individual wishing to set up a business in Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority can be registered as one of four legal entities:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – An FZE is a new business entity with sole owner
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – An FZC is a new business entity with two to five partners
- Local Branch – A Local branch is branch of a domestic firm residing in the UAE, the parent firm of which has existed for more than one year
- Foreign Branch – A Foreign Branch is a branch of a foreign firm residing outside of the UAE, the parent company of which should have existed for more than one year.